continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier Lamy" <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuum queuing jobs but not performing builds
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 23:00:10 GMT
2008/9/5 Peter Janes <continuum.apache.org@peterjanes.ca>:
> Olivier Lamy wrote:
>>
>> When you say "After adding a set of projects" : do you stop and
>> restart continuum with some projects in the queue (build or checkout
>> queue) ?
>
> At the time the problem first appeared I hadn't restarted the server in a
> few months.  Since then I've restarted a few times, but I've tried to ensure
> that the queue is empty by cancelling any outstanding jobs.

Ah ok it's an old database with probably a lot of buid result and
probably a lot of ScmChangeSet (table SCMRESULT).
I think I understand the trouble here.
To upgrade continuum you have probably interrupt a build when
shutdown/kill tomcat.
If a build is interrupted brutally the endtime for this is 0.
Continuum to report scm changes between two build search all scmresult
between the endtime of the last and the endtime of the "old one" (the
one before), [1]
If this one has a end time of time of 0, this means all scmresult for
your project will go in memory and for an old database this can be
huge !!
Because there is a contains call [2] which use the equals method of
ScmChangeSet [3] which build in memory a lot String (all changed file)
I think we have to reduce the number of ScmResult we build in memory here.

--
Olivier
[1] http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/continuum/trunk/continuum-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/buildcontroller/DefaultBuildController.java?r=691325#l348