continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Areff Dhonye" <Areff.Dho...@patsystems.com>
Subject RE: Overide the CVS update
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:10:17 GMT

I don't use continuum to only build the system. I also use continuum to
deploy the system. The build ant task will generate a jar file. The
install ant task will deploy the system on our testing box. Therefore
the install ant task does not need to do a CVS update before executing
the task. Any Ideas?

Areff Dhonye

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 September 2008 20:58
To: users@continuum.apache.org
Subject: Re: Overide the CVS update

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Areff Dhonye
<Areff.Dhonye@patsystems.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possbile to overide the CVS update so that it

> does not perform an update for a specific task. i have some ant target

> which does not require a CVS update and the CVS update takes atleast
> 10 min which delay the excecution of the task. Any help appreciated

I don't think so... the idea of CI is to build "the latest" so the
update is intrinsic to the process.

Perhaps it could be made configurable, if you can make a case for the
feature and open an enhancement request in JIRA.

--
Wendy

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, use of the information contained in this e-mail (including disclosure,
copying or distribution) is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform the sender and delete
the message immediately from your system.  This e-mail is attributed to the sender and may
not necessarily reflect the views of the Patsystems Group and no member of the Patsystems
Group accepts any liability for any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail
(other than where it has a legal or regulatory obligation to do so) or for the consequences
of any computer viruses which may have been transmitted by this e-mail. The Patsystems Group
comprises Patsystems plc and its subsidiary group of companies.