continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffery, Mark" <MJeff...@fnb.co.za>
Subject RE: Understanding Notifications
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:38:03 GMT
Thanks!.....That suits my needs 100%.....

This is really a great piece of software...

-----Original Message-----
From: oliver.lamy@gmail.com [mailto:oliver.lamy@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Olivier Lamy
Sent: 05 September 2008 11:07
To: users@continuum.apache.org
Subject: Re: Understanding Notifications

2008/9/5 Jeffery, Mark <MJeffery@fnb.co.za>:
> Thanks. I did see that.
>
> I suppose what I found confusing was
> - Updated 1 files.
> - Changes found, building
>
> So if the project was successfully built on the last build and it is
> successfully built on the next build, even if there were changes, no
> notification is sent ?
Yes exactly.
If you want to change this you have to edit a file in the webapp :
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/plexus/application.xml

and modify <alwaysSend>false</alwaysSend> to
<alwaysSend>true</alwaysSend>

> Thanks for your prompt response
>
> Mark

Of

http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.1/user_guides/notification/index.html

> 2008/9/5 Jeffery, Mark <MJeffery@fnb.co.za>:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am trying to understand the notification mechanism.
>>
>> Considering the following (Sorry for the long log)
>>
>> Why was a mail not sent ?

>> ====
>> 3261349644 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Updating
> project:
>> id: '10', name 'xxxxxxxxxxx'.
>> 3261349722 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Executing: /bin/sh
> -c
>> "cd /opt/continuum-1.1/apps/continuum/webapp/WEB-INF/work
>> ing-directory/10 && cvs -z3 -f -q update -d"
>> 3261349722 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Working directory:
>> /opt/continuum-1.1/apps/continuum/webapp/WEB-INF/working-dir
>> ectory/10
>> 3261350176 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Executing: /bin/sh
> -c
>> 'cd /opt/continuum-1.1/apps/continuum/webapp/WEB-INF/work
>> ing-directory/10 && cvs -z3 -f -d :pserver:cvsurl -q log -d
> "2008-09-04
>> 06:01:35+0200<2008-09-05 06:01:35+0200"'
>> 3261350176 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Working directory:
>> /opt/continuum-1.1/apps/continuum/webapp/WEB-INF/working-dir
>> ectory/10
>> 3261350347 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Updated 1
> files.
>> 3261350439 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
>> Merging SCM results
>> 3261350484 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
>> Found dependencies changes, building
>> 3261350484 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
>> Changes found, building
>> 3261350484 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
>> Performing action update-project-from-working-directory
>> 3261350490 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO

org.codehaus.plexus.action.Action:update-project-from-working-directory
>> - Updating project 'xxxxxxxxxxx' from checkou
>> t.
>> 3261350741 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
>> Performing action execute-builder
>> 3261350868 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.utils.shell.ShellCommandHelper:default  -
>> Executing: /bin/sh -c "cd /opt/continuum-1.1/apps/continuum/w
>> ebapp/WEB-INF/working-directory/10 &&
/opt/apache-maven-2.0.9//bin/mvn