continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <amorgov...@deloitte.com>
Subject Continuum 1.1 DB viewing
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 17:38:01 GMT
Hello.  I am using Continuum 1.1 and have been successful in connecting to the Continuum Derby
DB using the ij program from Derby.

However, in order to connect to Derby using Squirrel SQL client, I needed to change the Continuum
DB password in plexus.xml into a password of >0 characters, because Squirrel SQL client
told me that I needed to provide a non-empty password in order to connect.

Question 1:  Is it safe and correct to change the sa continuum DB password in plexus.xml to
a custom password?  Will this break any Continuum functionality?

Question 2:  I tried connecting to my local Continuum Derby DB in a Java app by specifying
the following URL for my DriverManager instance:

String url = "jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/E:/development/apache-continuum-1.1/continuum-1.1/data/continuum/database;create=false;username=sa;password=password.1";

However, despite trying to use both org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver and org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver,
I received the error log that connection was refused on locahost:1527.  Thus, which driver
should I be using, and should I be specifying a username/password for sa when connecting to
the Continuum DB, or is connecting allowed even without specifying a db username/password?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

you should delete this message.

on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]