continuum-users mailing list archives

From Otto Kolsi <o...@kolsi.fi>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Continuum 1.2 Released
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 05:51:28 GMT
Hi All!

> The Apache Continuum team is pleased to announce Apache Continuum 1.2.
> The Apache Continuum Team

We are currently running production with Continuum 1.0.3 and PostgreSQL
DB. At the time of 1.1 release I tried to upgrade to that version but
the tool meant for upgrading apparently did not work. I asked some help
here but it didn't help.

Now that 1.2 is out, we would very much like to upgrade but still stick
with PostgreSQL AND have the build history.

Is this possible with the data upgrade tool or is the only possibility
to start with fresh DB? And if so, should we switch to another DB so
that it would be supported better with future releases and upgrades?

Is there documentation (wiki, code, ...) anywhere describing DB
differences between releases? I am thinking that if the DB conversions
are not that bad.. we might do either manual conversion or write some
kind of script/tool by our selves.

Thanks,

   Otto