continuum-users mailing list archives

From mac-syst...@mac-systems.de
Subject Re: How to authenticate against NTLM Proxy using Tomcat 6 ?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:18:42 GMT
Hello,

actually i modified my catalina.sh and it worked until SVN will start. Seems i have to do
same things for SVN too. Also it seems my solution not worked for HTTPS. Using HTTP works
for eg. http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/build-helper-maven-plugin/pom.xml

Snipped of modified catalina.sh:

# Set juli LogManager if it is present
if [ -r "$CATALINA_BASE"/conf/logging.properties ]; then
  JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS "-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager"
"-Djava.util.logging.config.file="$CATALINA_BASE/conf/logging.properties"
fi

# There we add the Proxy Settings to use local CNTLM Proxy
JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} "-Dhttp.proxyHost=127.0.0.1" "-Dhttp.proxyPort=3128

mfg,
Jens

2008/9/17  <mac-systems@mac-systems.de>:
> Hello,
>
> i though i will be possible by using something similar like:
>
> -Dhttp.proxyPort=PORT CTLM use
> -Dhttp.proxyHost=localhost
>
> Or something similar in connector setup (server.xml). Is this not possible at
all in Tomcat ? I get maven to work using this to download artifacts.
Yes should work but as it's a System props this will be use for all
your applications deployed in your tomcat instance.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/RELEASE_NOTES.t

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/NTLM_SUPPORT.tx

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.j

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:690)

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.jav

> a:934)
>> at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:367)
>> at

org.codehaus.plexus.formica.util.MungedHttpsURL.isValid(MungedHttpsURL.java:117)

>> at

org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.CreateProjectsFromMetadataAction.execute(

> CreateProjectsFromMetadataAction.java:140)
>> at

org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.executeAction(DefaultContinuum.java:

> 2810)
>> at

org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.executeAddProjectsFromMetadataActivi

> ty(DefaultContinuum.java:1663)
>> at

org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.addMavenTwoProject(DefaultContinuum.

> java:1472)
>> at

org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.AddMavenTwoProjectAction.doExecute(AddMave

> nTwoProjectAction.java:108)
>> at

org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.AddMavenProjectAction.execute(AddMavenProj

> ectAction.java:154)
>> at

>> at

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav

> a:25)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocat

> ion.java:358)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInv

> ocation.java:218)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:192)
>> at

org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.interceptor.PlexusReleaseComponentInterceptor.intercep

> t(PlexusReleaseComponentInterceptor.java:69)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(Defaul

> tWorkflowInterceptor.java:175)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilte

> rInterceptor.java:86)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInt

> erceptor.java:115)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilte

> rInterceptor.java:86)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

org.apache.maven.continuum.web.interceptor.ForceContinuumConfigurationIntercepto

> r.intercept(ForceContinuumConfigurationInterceptor.java:72)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.inter

> cept(PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.java:149)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor.intercept(

> SecureActionInterceptor.java:178)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(Exce

> ptionMappingInterceptor.java:58)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(Defaul

> tWorkflowInterceptor.java:175)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilte

> rInterceptor.java:86)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInt

> erceptor.java:115)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilte

> rInterceptor.java:86)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor

> .java:31)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor

> .java:31)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor

> .java:31)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadI

> nterceptor.java:238)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor

> .java:31)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.intercept(De

> buggingInterceptor.java:169)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor

> .java:31)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(I18nInterceptor.jav

> a:151)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor

> .java:31)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor

> .java:31)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor

> .java:31)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(Excepti

> onMappingInterceptor.java:186)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.AutoLoginInterceptor.intercept(Aut

> oLoginInterceptor.java:156)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.ForceAdminUserInterceptor.intercep

> t(ForceAdminUserInterceptor.java:76)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.interc

> ept(EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.java:122)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja

> va:190)
>> at

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.java:116)
>> at

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(DispatcherUtil

> s.java:273)
>> at

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.j

> ava:202)
>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilt

> erChain.java:235)
>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.

> java:206)
>> at

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118

> )
>> at

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilt

> erChain.java:235)
>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.

> java:206)
>> at

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextC

> leanUp.java:88)
>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilt

> erChain.java:235)
>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.

> java:206)
>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:2

> 33)
>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:1

> 75)
>> at

>> at

>> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109

> )
>> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
>> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
>> at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Pr

> otocol.java:583)
>> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
>> 2008-09-16 16:32:59,682 [http-8080-1] INFO
> org.codehaus.plexus.action.Action:create-projects-from-metadata - Malformed
URL