continuum-users mailing list archives

From mac-syst...@mac-systems.de
Subject Re: How to authenticate against NTLM Proxy using Tomcat 6 ?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:14:53 GMT
Hello,

i though i will be possible by using something similar like:

-Dhttp.proxyPort=PORT CTLM use
-Dhttp.proxyHost=localhost

Or something similar in connector setup (server.xml). Is this not possible at all in Tomcat
? I get maven to work using this to download artifacts.

Thx,
Jens

Hi,
AFAIK, not implemented in 1.1.
And not in 1.2 rc too.
Maybe we could as now we use new httpclient [1].
But the support is partial see release note [2] and NTLM support detail [3].
Maybe a continuum dev could test it ? But personnaly I can't test it.
--
Olivier
[1] http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/httpclient/index.html

2008/9/17  <mac-systems@mac-systems.de>:
> Hello,
>
> i setup Tomcat 6 running Continuum 1.1. That was not that hart at all.
> In my Company we have an NTLM Proxy which i have to use. For Maven i already
setup cntlm as a local NTLM Proxy so that maven can download all needed
Artifacts. Now i try to make some Test in Continuum for example i want to
import an external POM but i get:

> 2008-09-16 16:32:43,477 [http-8080-1] INFO
com.opensymphony.webwork.views.freemarker.FreemarkerManager - Instantiating
Freemarker ConfigManager!,
com.opensymphony.webwork.views.freemarker.FreemarkerManager
> 2008-09-16 16:32:59,512 [http-8080-1] INFO
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils - Unable to find
'webwork.multipart.saveDir' property setting. Defaulting to
javax.servlet.context.tempdir
> 2008-09-16 16:32:59,569 [http-8080-1] WARN
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.multipart.MultiPartRequest - Item is a file
upload of 0 size, ignoring
> 2008-09-16 16:32:59,654 [http-8080-1] INFO
org.codehaus.plexus.action.Action:create-projects-from-metadata - checking for
settings auth setup
> 2008-09-16 16:32:59,678 [http-8080-1] INFO
org.codehaus.plexus.action.Action:create-projects-from-metadata - URL is not
valid:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/components/branches/maven-2.1.x/pom.xml
> java.net.UnknownHostException: svn.apache.org
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:520)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:470)
> at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:388)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:523)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:231)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:304)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:321)
> at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.j
ava:813)
> at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:
765)
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:690)

> at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.jav
a:934)
> at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:367)
> at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.util.MungedHttpsURL.isValid(MungedHttpsURL.java:117)

> at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.CreateProjectsFromMetadataAction.execute(
CreateProjectsFromMetadataAction.java:140)
> at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.executeAction(DefaultContinuum.java:
2810)
> at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.executeAddProjectsFromMetadataActivi
ty(DefaultContinuum.java:1663)
> at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.addMavenTwoProject(DefaultContinuum.
java:1472)
> at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.AddMavenTwoProjectAction.doExecute(AddMave
nTwoProjectAction.java:108)
> at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.AddMavenProjectAction.execute(AddMavenProj
ectAction.java:154)
> at
> at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav
a:25)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocat
ion.java:358)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInv
ocation.java:218)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:192)
> at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.interceptor.PlexusReleaseComponentInterceptor.intercep
t(PlexusReleaseComponentInterceptor.java:69)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(Defaul
tWorkflowInterceptor.java:175)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilte
rInterceptor.java:86)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInt
erceptor.java:115)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilte
rInterceptor.java:86)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.interceptor.ForceContinuumConfigurationIntercepto
r.intercept(ForceContinuumConfigurationInterceptor.java:72)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.inter
cept(PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.java:149)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor.intercept(
SecureActionInterceptor.java:178)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(Exce
ptionMappingInterceptor.java:58)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(Defaul
tWorkflowInterceptor.java:175)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilte
rInterceptor.java:86)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInt
erceptor.java:115)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilte
rInterceptor.java:86)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor
.java:31)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor
.java:31)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor
.java:31)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadI
nterceptor.java:238)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor
.java:31)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.intercept(De
buggingInterceptor.java:169)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor
.java:31)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(I18nInterceptor.jav
a:151)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor
.java:31)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor
.java:31)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor
.java:31)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(Excepti
onMappingInterceptor.java:186)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.AutoLoginInterceptor.intercept(Aut
oLoginInterceptor.java:156)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.ForceAdminUserInterceptor.intercep
t(ForceAdminUserInterceptor.java:76)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.interc
ept(EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.java:122)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.ja
va:190)
> at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.java:116)
> at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(DispatcherUtil
s.java:273)
> at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.j
ava:202)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilt
erChain.java:235)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.
java:206)
> at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118
)
> at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilt
erChain.java:235)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.
java:206)
> at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextC
leanUp.java:88)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilt
erChain.java:235)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.
java:206)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:2
33)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:1
75)
> at
> at
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109
)
> at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
> at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
> at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Pr
otocol.java:583)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
> 2008-09-16 16:32:59,682 [http-8080-1] INFO
org.codehaus.plexus.action.Action:create-projects-from-metadata - Malformed URL
(MungedHttpsURL is not valid):