continuum-users mailing list archives

From smitherz <riverofc...@gmail.com>
Subject Build ordering suddenly changed.
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 02:32:54 GMT

Hi all,

I am running version 1.1 for quite some time and have not had any
significant issues with it. However today I logged into
my instance and browsed to a project group and hit "build all project"
button. When I usually do that it only builds the
projects in the group I am looking at. Today it did all projects defined in
continuum.

That was not the biggest issue though... it queued them up in alphabetical
order and not in the proper build order that it
normally does. This of course was bad news. I resorted to firing up an old
1.03 instance on a windows box and launching
a build there to get the sort order. Then manually queued them in the proper
order. This group has 25 projects in it.
The last generates an ear of the others.

Thoughts on what is happening?  I tried de-queueing then stopping and
restarting the instance but that didn't help. I have a
scheduled run that starts at 23:00 eastern/US and I will have to see what
order it gets run in.

Scott