continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Ian P. Christian" <poo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems getting started
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:07:42 GMT
Thanks for your reply Brett,

The machine had lots of memory free, but most was used as cache.
Overcommit was disabled in the kernel - something somewhere was trying
to use huge amounts of memory - hundreds of meg. Turning swap on
worked around the problem, but something is wrong somewhere, and the
change was introduced between 1.0.3 and 1.1.

Ian