continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Ian P. Christian" <>
Subject Re: problems getting started
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:07:42 GMT
Thanks for your reply Brett,

The machine had lots of memory free, but most was used as cache.
Overcommit was disabled in the kernel - something somewhere was trying
to use huge amounts of memory - hundreds of meg. Turning swap on
worked around the problem, but something is wrong somewhere, and the
change was introduced between 1.0.3 and 1.1.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Brett Porter <> wrote:
> This came up recently for Maven itself. I'm not sure how it was resolved,
> but I remember suggesting checking if it ran under a different user (maybe
> it's a space constraint for the user being used), and of course check that
> the machine actually does have free memory in the first place.
> HTH,
> Brett

View raw message