continuum-users mailing list archives

From Olaf Otto <o...@x100.de>
Subject Re: Help with dependencies
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:09:14 GMT
Hi chuchi,

I must admit i don't quite get it - as far as i see project 2 and
project 3 depend on non-snapshot versions of the core, and those are not
supposed to change. So i am guessing you want to integrate project 4
once a build of the core 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT was successfully completed.
Unfortunately this is currently not supported (see this discussion:
http://www.nabble.com/Dependency-triggered-builds-to6305405.html).

You could, as a sort of workaround, link project 4 to a specific
snapshot build (I think this can be done using build timestamps and
classifiers for your dependency) of the core and change the dependency
in project 4  as needed.

But i think if it's a requirement for the core to be compatible with
other projects, you might rather want to add suitable regression tests
to the core...?

Kind regards,
Olaf