continuum-users mailing list archives

From Olaf Otto <o...@x100.de>
Subject Re: Exception on first run of Continuum on Tomcat 6.0
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:33:57 GMT
Hi Raffele!

I believe you are missing a datasource setup in tomcat for continuum.
I have also setup a continuum server with tomcat 6, and here is what i did:

I added the following configurations to the server.xml's <context>
element for continuum for mysql:

<Context path="/continuum" docBase="continuum">
<Resource name="jdbc/users"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="..."
            password="..."
            driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
            url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/...?autoReconnect=true" />

  <Resource name="jdbc/continuum"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="..."
            password="..."
            driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
            url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/...?autoReconnect=true" />

  <Resource name="mail/Session"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.mail.Session"
            mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>
</Context>

Note that the mysql jdbc driver library has to reside in tomcat's lib
directory.

BTW the continuum DB user must have the right to create tables etc.

I hope this helps,
Olaf