continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva/Continuum Failover
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:57:42 GMT
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland,
externer Mitarbeiter) <EXTERN.LUSTIG_MARC@allianz.de> wrote:
> ok you're right, but if that's the only issue, then the second instance simply could
be started without Quartz. But then it's not a real fail-over anymore.
> An alternative strategy is to maintain only one instance, and cron-watching it with a
shell-script. Need to think about it...

I know there are monitoring systems like Nagios, but I'm not sure how
far they go as far as failover.  In any case you shouldn't have to
implement this on your own, it has to be a solved problem by this
point. :)

I'm curious what problem are you seeing (or trying to avoid)?

The standalone Continuum distribution runs in a JVM wrapper that
notices if it hangs or dies, and re-starts it automatically.

--
Wendy