continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum hacked??
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:06:11 GMT
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 4:19 AM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:

> Is there a way to disable users from registering for an account themselves?
> I would like the admin to be the only one capable of creating accounts.

Continuum depends on Redback for the user security and roles features,
and I don't see an option to disable registration:
http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.2-SNAPSHOT/administrator_guides/security/customising-security.html
 --> http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback/trunk/redback-configuration/src/main/resources/org/codehaus/plexus/redback/config-defaults.properties
(http://redback.codehaus.org/)

The first thing I thought to do is edit the JSPs to remove the
Register link, which would stop most of it.  I think that might be
inside a tag, though.  What you could do is edit
WEB-INF/jsp/redback/register.jsp so that it just displays a message
saying to contact the administrator, rather than presenting the user
registration form.

This would be a good enhancement request for Redback, and shouldn't be
too difficult to add.

--
Wendy