continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Anoop kumar V" <anoopkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Continuum hacked??
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 04:44:36 GMT
Hi,

It seems someone has been trying to hack into our continuum server. Please
view the attached image. The users at the end having the name as nessus. Can
anybody please provide an explanation for how a non admin can create users
in continuum.

I am sure since day one, the continuum admin user has been locked with a
strong password and all, I also checked, there is no such user called nessus
in our unix server - solaris 10. I also do not think anybody would have had
the insight to break into the derby db and insert new users directly into
the tables.

--
Thanks,
Anoop