continuum-users mailing list archives

From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread"
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 22:27:35 GMT
I think I have found the cause of this error.  The Continuum web
application and Tomcat are consuming 44 threads when all is idle.  The
default max thread count on HP-UX is 64 per process. When Archiva is
added to the Tomcat instance the thread count hits 64.

Below is the database configuration in context.xml.
  <Resource name="jdbc/continuum"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="sa"
            password=""
            driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
            url="jdbc:derby:/internal/continuum/db/continuum;create=true"
   />

So my questions are:
1) Why are so many threads being used?

2) How can be minimize the thread count?

Paul Spencer