continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Skarsaune" <mar...@skarsaune.net>
Subject Problem with JNDI lookup in WebSphere 6.1
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:06:41 GMT
Hi guys,

Thanks for feedback on my previous post.

Another problem is blocking mail sending though:

I get this error in my logs:

"
/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/grip/logs/server1/SystemOut_08.06.24_13.29.45.log:javax.naming.ConfigurationException:
A JNDI operation on a "java:" name cannot be completed because the
serverruntime is not able to associate the operation's thread with any J2EE
application component.  This condition can occur when the JNDI client using
the "java:" name is not executed on the thread of a server application
request.  Make sure that a J2EE application does not execute JNDI operations
on "java:" names within static code blocks or in threads created by that
J2EE application.  Such code does not necessarily run on the thread of a
server application request and therefore is not supported by JNDI operations
on "java:" names. [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name comp/env/mail not found in context "java:".]
"

I assume continuum spawns background threads to build? Is that correct?

Not really any hope of sending mails from WebSphere (6.1) then is there?

Cheers!

Martin

* Martin Skarsaune
* Lusetjernveien 106b
* 1253 Oslo
* Norway
* Tel: (+47) 22 62 24 39 / Mob: 98 22 05 03
* martin@skarsaune.net