continuum-users mailing list archives

From Travis Stevens <travis.stev...@gaiam.com>
Subject git in continuum
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:21:09 GMT
So, I've noticed that continuum uses maven scm and the maven scm plugin
has git support.  So my goal is to do continuous integration on our git
projects.

Here is what I did:

1. downloaded the continuum trunk from svn
2. added the following to the pom.xml

      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-gitcore</artifactId>
        <version>${maven-scm.version}</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-gitexe</artifactId>
        <version>${maven-scm.version}</version>
      </dependency>

3. compiled and then ran continuum using 'mvn jetty:run'

This didn't work, and produced a fairly cryptic error message:
2008-06-03 13:16:13,101 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  -
Merging SCM results
2008-06-03 13:16:13,679 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  - Error
updating from SCM, not building

I tried to step up the logging by editing
continuum-webapp/src/main/resources/log4j.xml and then 'mvn package' on
the webapp and restarting it.  That didn't help any.

So this all was a total guess because I couldn't find any documentation
on how to reach my goal.  If anyone can point me in the right direction
by either pointing to/providing instructions on adding git support to
continuum or helping me find the actual error, I would really appreciate
it.

-Trav