continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Sparks" <Cra...@discovery.co.za>
Subject RE: Continuum not updating correctly
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 06:24:53 GMT
When would the next package war be available with this change?

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday 15 May 2008 00:10
To: users@continuum.apache.org
Subject: Re: Continuum not updating correctly

I fixed it last week in maven-scm
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-331)

Emmanuel

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Craig Sparks <CraigS@discovery.co.za>
wrote:

> Hi All
>

> I'm experiencing a different problem now.
>

> If I tell the build definition to run as a Fresh build it works fine,
>
> If I just want it to update based on my changes in Starteam
>

> I get the following:
>

> 33593 [pool-1-thread-1] ERROR

org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskQueueExecutor:build-project
> - Error executing task
>
> org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutionException: SCM
> error while executing 'update-working-directory-from-scm'
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.perfor
> mAction(DefaultBuildController.java:430)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.update
> WorkingDirectory(DefaultBuildController.java:380)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
> DefaultBuildController.java:112)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
> uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
>
>            at

org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
> orRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
>
>            at

edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter
> .call(Executors.java:442)
>
>            at

edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask
> .java:176)
>
>            at

edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWor
> ker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)
>
>            at

edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
> .run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)
>
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScmException: Error
> while update sources.
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.updateProject(Default
> ContinuumScm.java:285)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateWorkingDirectoryFromScmCont

inuumAction.execute(UpdateWorkingDirectoryFromScmContinuumAction.java:75
> )
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.perfor
> mAction(DefaultBuildController.java:408)
>
>            ... 9 more
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.ScmException: Exception while
executing
> SCM command.
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.scm.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.jav
> a:62)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.scm.provider.starteam.StarteamScmProvider.update(Starte
> amScmProvider.java:278)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider.update(AbstractScmProv

org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineUtils$StringStreamConsumer@d3e5c

>            at

org.apache.maven.scm.provider.starteam.command.update.StarteamUpdateComm
> and.deleteLocal(StarteamUpdateCommand.java:169)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.scm.provider.starteam.command.update.StarteamUpdateComm
> and.executeUpdateCommand(StarteamUpdateCommand.java:89)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.scm.command.update.AbstractUpdateCommand.executeCommand
> (AbstractUpdateCommand.java:62)
>
>            at

org.apache.maven.scm.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.jav
> a:58)
>
>            ... 16 more
>

> Does anyone have any ideas, I've googles and looked on the Jira's
logged
> and there is talk about this being a patch setting some localdelete to
> true,
>
> But do I seriously need to hack stuff to get this working?
>

> I'm running the war I downloaded and not building it from the code
> myself.
>

> Please help me, as I'm starting to pull my hair out and my boss wants
> this up and running now, I've spent way to much trying to get this
> working properly.
>

> Any help will be much appreciated.
>

> Cheers
>
> Craig
>

> Discovery Holdings Limited
>
> Registration number: 1999/007789/06
>
> This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
for
> the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please
notify
> Discovery immediately, telephone number +27 11 529 2888. Any
unauthorised
> use; alteration or dissemination of the contents of this email is
strictly
> prohibited. In no event will Discovery or the sender be liable in any
manner
> whatsoever to any person for any loss or any direct, indirect, special
or
> consequential damages arising from use of this email or any linked
website,
> including, without limitation, from any lost profits, business
interruption,
> loss of programmes or other data that may be stored on any information
> handling system or otherwise from any assurance that this email is
virus
> free even if Discovery is expressly advised of the possibility of such
> damages. Discovery is an Authorised Financial Services Provider. A
full list
> of directors is available on our website at

https://www.discovery.co.za/index_login.jhtml?p_content=/investor_relati
ons/directorate.jhtmlalternatively, to obtain a full list of Directors
via email, please email