continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Sparks" <Cra...@discovery.co.za>
Subject Continuum not updating correctly
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 12:33:32 GMT
Hi All

I'm experiencing a different problem now.

If I tell the build definition to run as a Fresh build it works fine,

If I just want it to update based on my changes in Starteam

I get the following:

33593 [pool-1-thread-1] ERROR
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskQueueExecutor:build-project
- Error executing task

org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutionException: SCM
error while executing 'update-working-directory-from-scm'

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.perfor
mAction(DefaultBuildController.java:430)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.update
WorkingDirectory(DefaultBuildController.java:380)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
DefaultBuildController.java:112)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)

            at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
orRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)

            at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter
.call(Executors.java:442)

            at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask
.java:176)

            at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWor
ker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)

            at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScmException: Error
while update sources.

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.updateProject(Default
ContinuumScm.java:285)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateWorkingDirectoryFromScmCont
inuumAction.execute(UpdateWorkingDirectoryFromScmContinuumAction.java:75
)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.perfor
mAction(DefaultBuildController.java:408)

            ... 9 more

Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.ScmException: Exception while executing
SCM command.

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.jav
a:62)

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.starteam.StarteamScmProvider.update(Starte
amScmProvider.java:278)

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider.update(AbstractScmProv
ider.java:931)

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider.update(AbstractScmProv
ider.java:906)

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider.update(AbstractScmProv
ider.java:878)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.updateProject(Default
ContinuumScm.java:255)

            ... 11 more

Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.ScmException: Error executing
delete-local:
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineUtils$StringStreamConsumer@d3e5c

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.starteam.command.update.StarteamUpdateComm
and.deleteLocal(StarteamUpdateCommand.java:169)

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.starteam.command.update.StarteamUpdateComm
and.executeUpdateCommand(StarteamUpdateCommand.java:89)

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.command.update.AbstractUpdateCommand.executeCommand
(AbstractUpdateCommand.java:62)

            at
org.apache.maven.scm.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.jav
a:58)

            ... 16 more

Does anyone have any ideas, I've googles and looked on the Jira's logged
and there is talk about this being a patch setting some localdelete to
true,

But do I seriously need to hack stuff to get this working?

I'm running the war I downloaded and not building it from the code
myself.

Please help me, as I'm starting to pull my hair out and my boss wants
this up and running now, I've spent way to much trying to get this
working properly.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Craig

Discovery Holdings Limited

Registration number: 1999/007789/06

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If
you have received this message in error, please notify Discovery immediately, telephone number
+27 11 529 2888. Any unauthorised use; alteration or dissemination of the contents of this
email is strictly prohibited. In no event will Discovery or the sender be liable in any manner
whatsoever to any person for any loss or any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages
arising from use of this email or any linked website, including, without limitation, from
any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programmes or other data that may be stored
on any information handling system or otherwise from any assurance that this email is virus
free even if Discovery is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. Discovery
is an Authorised Financial Services Provider. A full list of directors is available on our
website at
https://www.discovery.co.za/index_login.jhtml?p_content=/investor_relations/directorate.jhtml
alternatively, to obtain a full list of Directors via email, please email directors_list@discovery.co.za