continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ionut S <sion...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: resetting the admin password on continuum
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 07:59:54 GMT
I removed the entire users database in the end (I was at the beginning of the setup anyway).

I found this page :

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/CONTINUUMUSER/Continuum+FAQ#ContinuumFAQ-HowdoIunlocktheadminaccount%3F

Ionut S <sionut2@yahoo.com> wrote: Well.. I'm not sure the account is locked.. Maybe
this could be a possibility. (try the password a number of times until it gets locked and
then unlock it). Actually, considering how many times I tried the password, it might be already
locked...

How can I do that ?

Wendy Smoak  wrote: On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Ionut S  wrote:
> I want to reset the admin password on continuum.. I read some answers on this forum -
> I should connect to derby and change the password in the database.

Do you really need to change the password in the db, or do you need to
unlock the account so you can change it normally (using the web
interface)?

> How can I generate the same encoding from my password ? What kind of encoding did you
use ?

I don't know offhand, but the answer will be in Codehaus Redback:
http://redback.codehaus.org or
http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback/trunk/

--
Wendy