continuum-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject Re: Developer id
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 06:38:00 GMT

Emmanuel Venisse schrieb:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Steen Ole Andersen <steenole@laiandersen.dk>
> wrote:
>
>> I have experienced some problems with mails sent to latest committers.
>> [...]
>> If that is case, it gives me some problems, since the SVN userid is NOT
>> case
>> sensitive. Maybe because SVN is running on a Windows server.
>>
>> Does anyone have a suggestion to work around that problem?
>>

> File an issue and eventually add a patch. The issue is with the map
> generated by mapDevelopersToRecipients in this class :
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/trunk/continuum-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/notification/ContinuumRecipientSource.java

Would it not be much easier using consistent case at any place?
There are other platforms that are case sensitive and forcing a case will break there.
In the end this will require heavy logic for doing the right thing everywhere.
I doubt this effort is merited by the gain in ease of use (no need for caring about case used
on some platforms).

Or did I miss the case here?

Rainer

--
Rainer Pruy
Geschäftsführer

Acrys Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Untermainkai 29-30, D-60329 Frankfurt
Tel: +49-69-244506-0 - Fax: +49-69-244506-50
Web: http://www.acrys.com -  Email: office@acrys.com
Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, HRA 31151