continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <Andreas.Gut...@markettools.com>
Subject Problem with Password Management and IE 6
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 15:51:38 GMT
We have major problems with access management for users using IE 6.

The scenario is the same for both, register new user and request
password reset.

In both cases the users receives a confirmation  URL with a link.
Opening that link with default browser IE 6 or copy and paste the URL
into IE 6 does not lead to the new password page, but instead we see

Security Alert - Action Requires Authentication

The action you attempted requires that you authenticate yourself.

1.	Go Ahead Login

Clicking on Login brings the user then to the default login page, but at
that point the user does not know the new password.

If we copy and paste the URL into Firefox we have no problem and all
goes as expected.  Is this a known issue?

Andreas