continuum-users mailing list archives

From "SlinnHawkins, Jon (ELS-CAM)" <J.SlinnHawk...@elsevier.com>
Subject RE: Triggering a build via xmlrpc and getting the result for that build
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 10:25:39 GMT
Hi Andrew,

Use

client.getLatestBuildResult(projectSummaryId);

http://continuum.apache.org/ref/latest/apidocs/org/apache/maven/continuu
m/xmlrpc/client/ContinuumXmlRpcClient.html

Cheers

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Och, Andrew Daniel (TSG-GDCC-SH) [mailto:andrew.och@hp.com]
Sent: 13 May 2008 11:06
To: users@continuum.apache.org
Subject: Triggering a build via xmlrpc and getting the result for that
build

I would like to trigger a build via xmlrpc and get the result for that
build.

I use the buildProject(...) method to start a forced build. However how
do I get the associated buildID from this trigger? Without a buildId I
can not get a BuildResult for the build I triggered.

client.buildProject(projectSummaryID, buildDefinitionID);
BuildResult buildResult = client.getBuildResult(projectSummaryID,
buildID);

Am I being stupid? Have I missed something?

Best Regards
Andrew Och

This email is from Elsevier Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 1982084,
whose registered office is The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1GB, United
Kingdom.