continuum-users mailing list archives

From "SlinnHawkins, Jon (ELS-CAM)" <J.SlinnHawk...@elsevier.com>
Subject Release Fails on Commit. How can I release a project in CVS with Continuum.
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 13:09:37 GMT
Hi All,

I am having problems when trying to release a project through the
continuum release mechanism.

I get the error

[ERROR] org.apache.maven.shared.release.scm.ReleaseScmCommandException:
Unable to commit files

Provider message:

The cvs command failed.

Command output:

cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository

        at
org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.ScmCommitPhase.checkin(ScmCommitPh
ase.java:133)

        at
org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.ScmCommitPhase.execute(ScmCommitPh
ase.java:109)

        at
org.apache.maven.shared.release.DefaultReleaseManager.prepare(DefaultRel
easeManager.java:194)

        at
org.apache.maven.shared.release.DefaultReleaseManager.prepareWithResult(
DefaultReleaseManager.java:107)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.PrepareReleaseTaskExecutor.
execute(PrepareReleaseTaskExecutor.java:43)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.AbstractReleaseTaskExecutor
.executeTask(AbstractReleaseTaskExecutor.java:67)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
orRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)

        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter
.call(Executors.java:442)

        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask
.java:176)

        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)

        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

My <scm> tag is configured as below, and I am specifying the username &
password to use for the release in the continuum release form.

<scm>

<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:anoncvs:@cvs.elsevier.com:/disk01/cvs/itdev/
common:Maven2/ProjectA</connection>

</scm>

I have applied the patch in :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1596

But this still  does not work....

Does anyone have experience releasing projects through Continuum using
CVS - I cannot be the first (or last ) to have seen this issue ?

Any help appreciated...

Thanks

Jon

This email is from Elsevier Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 1982084,
whose registered office is The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1GB, United
Kingdom.