continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Och, Andrew Daniel (TSG-GDCC-SH)" <andrew....@hp.com>
Subject RE: Struggling with ContinuumXmlRpcClient for version 1.1 including patch 1590
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 04:29:40 GMT
Dear Olivier

>From http://continuum.apache.org/download.html I downloaded:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/maven/binaries/apache-continuum-1.1.zip

This version has the reported bug 1590-StackOverflowError in it (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1590).

Being lazy I just changed the binaries to sources and I got the source version of 1.1:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/maven/sources/apache-continuum-1.1.zip

I tried going to http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/continuum/site/ from the official website,
but this link is broken :-(

I guess it was changed because http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/continuum/site/ works (ie it is
no longer a subdirectory of maven), but in fact I found the source at:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/continuum/trunk/continuum-xmlrpc/continuum-xmlrpc-server/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/xmlrpc/server/ContinuumServiceImpl.java?view=log

So I Downloaded version [CONTINUUM-1590] and recompiled the continuum-xmlrpc-server-1.1.jar
component. (I didn't use maven I just used Eclipse for the one component and put it into the
WEB-INF/lib dir)

Basically the official released version Continuum 1.1 (on the official continuum.apache.org
website http://continuum.apache.org/download.html ) has a bug in the xmlrpc service. Since
I am doing integration based on xmlrpc this makes my life just that extra bit more interesting
;-)

Anyway bug fix 1590 fixed my problem so I can continue to struggle on with my integration
work :-)

Please try your test on the binary version 1.1 that is I guess the official release and you
will see that it does not work fine :-(

Best regards
Andrew Och