continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Harper, Brad" <brad.har...@epsiia.com>
Subject RE: CI Builds Need Only a Fraction of the Sub-Projects in the SCM Repo
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 02:08:36 GMT
We check out the top-level aggregate pom, and then check out each of
necessary sub-project's individually. It isn't until very recently that
we've attempted to automate these builds, hence the use of continuum.

I should note that the other projects under the top-level directory [not
being included in the CI build] are a mixed bag of things, but share the
<dependencyManagement> described by their common parent, as well as the
configuration for plugins, e.g. maven-war-plugin.

The projects that we're attempting to include in the CI builds produce
the core jars and war files that other projects in turn use. In the more
complicated cases, these other projects are war overlays and they're
built as-needed in a disjoint fashion from within an IDE.

Brad