continuum-users mailing list archives

From Michael Johns <michael.jo...@clear2pay.com>
Subject Double builds
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:03:24 GMT
We're using Continuum 1.1 with Maven 2.0.8 on a Windows 2003 Server box, and we've just started
experiencing a very maddening problem.  Every time a build is scheduled to fire, it appears
to fire twice.  It always fails the first time with the following error:

org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutionException: Error executing action 'update-project-from-working-directory'
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.performAction(DefaultBuildController.java:434)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:139)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:176)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException: Error while
mapping metadata:add.project.artifact.not.found.error
add.project.unknown.error

        at org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:157)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.java:75)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.performAction(DefaultBuildController.java:408)
        ... 8 more

The second build proceeds properly, but emails are always triggered due to the change in status
from error to success.  Interestingly enough, we don't get mails when that first build fails,
which changes the status from success to error.

This happens with every single one of our projects, and it just started happening recently.
 We used Continuum 1.1 for a few months with no troubles.  If you look at the build history
for a project, every other build is about 12 seconds and ends in failure.  And then another
build fires immediately after it and works fine.

I'd like to delete the projects and re-add them, but there's a Continuum bug (CONTINUUM-1630)
that prevents me from doing so.  I am 99% positive this has nothing to do with our build schedules,
either.  We don't have very many, and they are fairly standard looking.  We certainly don't
have any schedule that says "build twice every two hours."

Any insight into this issue or ideas for next steps is greatly appreciated.

Michael