continuum-users mailing list archives

From <bjorn.de.bak...@accenture.com>
Subject Adding users manually (password encoding)
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:51:43 GMT
Dear all

We use continuum 1.1 and mysql to store the users and all the other data.  We want to add
continuum users manually to the users-database.  The reason why we want to do this is that
we created a module which makes it possible to log users in automatically to subversion, mantis
...  Now we want to do the same for continuum, but all our attempts failed.

The problem is that we don't know how Continuum encodes the password.  We tried to configure
redback in the security.properties, so it uses SHA1.  But when we manually create an sql statement
in mysql and we use sha1('userpassword'), it generates a completely different value for that
particular field.  If we use plaintext, it works, but having plain text passwords in the database
is rather obscure if you ask me.  So we definitely want to avoid that.

Is there a way to execute an sql statement to enter a user in the database.  It doesn't matter
if that user doesn't have any rights or not, as long as the account is created and the user
can log in, it's fine.  After that we can think about the user rights :-).

Thanks in advance!

Kr,

Björn De Bakker