continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Lyth" <christopher.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can't send mail - using tomcat6, java6, and continuum1.1
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:26:32 GMT
Here are the problems I have found so far:

            Properties props = new Properties(s.getProperties()); // *this
does not copy the properties over from the JNDI Resource config*
            props.putAll(s.getProperties()); // *this will copy the
properties over*

The password is still not in the props object because it is not in the
properties from the session (s.getProperties()). I assume something is
nulling out that property. I added this block of code along with a custom
property in the JNDI config to hold my password, I chose the key
"mail.password" held in PASSWORD.

            if (!props.containsKey(MAIL_SMTP_PASSWORD) &&
props.containsKey(PASSWORD)) {
                log.debug("setting the password from our custom property");
                props.put(MAIL_SMTP_PASSWORD, props.get(PASSWORD));
                // PASSWORD is the key to my custom property
            }

Not really happy but the emails are sending and that was my goal. I might
spend some time trying to track down the problem later in the week.

--
Christopher J Lyth
christopher.lyth@gmail.com