continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Lyth" <cjl...@gmail.com>
Subject can't send mail - using tomcat6, java6, and continuum1.1
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 03:58:04 GMT
*I cant seem to get any emails to send. I have changed the "from address" in
the application xml to be my gmail address. I'm not sure what to try next, I
have tried multiple gmail accounts and my work SMTP server and I get the
same stack trace.
*
<Context path="/continuum"
         docBase="/usr/share/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/webapps/continuum">

  <Resource name="jdbc/users"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="sa"
            password=""
            driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
            url="jdbc:derby:database/users;create=true" />

  <Resource name="jdbc/continuum"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="sa"
            password=""
            driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
            url="jdbc:derby:database/continuum;create=true" />

  <Resource name="mail/Session"
            type="javax.mail.Session"
            mail.smtp.host="smtp.gmail.com"
            mail.smtp.port="465"
            mail.debug="true"
            mail.smtp.auth="true"
            mail.smtp.user="my_email@gmail.com"
            password="my_password"
            mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"
            mail.smtp.socketFactory.class="javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"
    />
</Context>

*And a snippet from the stack trace...*

Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:306)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.AbstractJavamailMailSender.send(AbstractJavamailMailSender.java:212)
        ... 72 more