continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Roos" <>
Subject Apparent performance degradation with each build left on server
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:30:12 GMT
* Continuum 2.0-SNAPSHOT from 28-Feb-2008, Archiva 1.0.1, GNU Lunix
2.6.18-8.el5, JDK 1.5.0_15 *
Hi Folks
I've been watching my project build time take a little longer with each
build.  Yes, the project has been growing, but not as much or in as
linear a fashion as suggested by the ever increasing build times.
Then yesterday someone (Unix sysadmin?) or something (continuum?)
deleted previous build results for the projects so that only the two
most recent builds were left in the continuum/work/4/target directory on
the server.
Suddenly my build times became respectable again.
Now, a few builds later, I notice that the build is taking a little
longer each time.
Does Continuum suffer from a near-linear performance hit for each prior
build on the server?  Perhaps Archiva suffers in some way?
I know the data I provide below is insufficient for any statistical
conclusion but I thought I'd ask in case other people have seen this
Thanks, Robin.

Before acting on this e mail or opening any attachment please read the disclaimer which can
be accessed at
Investec Bank (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered
by MessageLabs. For further information visit

Investec Bank (UK) Limited
Registered office: 2 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QP Company No: 00489604 Incorporated in
England and Wales