continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Cheng Wei Lee" <zhenwei...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to send email notification despite setting gmail as smtp and also configuring proxy
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 05:41:56 GMT
I'm behind a corporate proxy and firewall (trendmicro). So I configured the
firewall to allow ports 25, 465 & 587 for gmail. Then I configured the
settings as documented, but still encountering the error below. For
configuring the proxy, how do I specify the authentication?

101101 [SocketListener0-0] ERROR
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer:default  - Unable to send
message, subject [Welcome to Maven Archiva]
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while sending the
message...
Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host:
smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
  nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java
:370)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.AbstractJavamailMailSender.send(
AbstractJavamailMailSender.java:210)
    ... 71 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect