continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploy without install
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:49:46 GMT
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:21 AM, MATHUS Baptiste <mathus.b@mipih.fr> wrote:

>  I noticed the .m2/repository directory of the maven binaries used by the
>  continuum server is also receiving the artifacts that are deployed.
>  From my understanding, this is because a mvn clean deploy will also do
>  an install.
>  So I'd like to be able to prevent mvn deploy from including a mvn
>  install? Is this possible at all?

No, because the install phase precedes the deploy phase in the Maven
lifecycle.  http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

We recently added a feature to the _deploy_ plugin to skip deployment
[1], but it sounds like you *do* want it available in Archiva?
Perhaps a similar 'skip' feature for the install plugin could work,
but I have a feeling that would break things...

The answer seems to be a general tool to purge snapshots from the
local Maven repo, something that is not Continuum related.

See also:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1693

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin-2.4-SNAPSHOT/faq.html#skip
(unreleased)

--