continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum Mail Notifier Issue
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 05:04:54 GMT
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Tonte Pouncil <etnot96@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I am running into a problem with the mail notifiers in Continuum.  I am getting a
> "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" error message.  Why am I getting this error?

Sounds like it can't connect to the mail server.  From your other
messages I'm going to assume this is on Windows and you're using the
.war file in Tomcat.  (It may seem redundant, but it helps to give
that information for each new question you post.)

If it's Windows, chances are, you're not running something like
sendmail, so you'll need to configure Continuum to use whatever smtp
server you normally use to send email.

The configuration you posted from that very old article may not be
exactly what Continuum 1.1 wants, but that's the right idea.  Replace
localhost with your mail server, such as "smtp.myisp.com".

--
Wendy