continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Marose, Justin (GE EntSol, Security)" <Justin.Mar...@ge.com>
Subject RE: Cannot log in to Continuum on linux-x86-64
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:25:43 GMT
I am having similar login issues.  I have Continuum running on Windows,
and I can login with no problem on that box if using localhost in the
url.  If I try to login using the hostname of the box (either locally or
on a remote machine), I get the same result as you - redirected back to
the login page without any message.  Tried to change the 'Base URL' on
the configuration page to include the hostname instead of localhost, but
still no luck.

My first thought was that I couldn't have a user (in this case 'admin')
logged in from two or more machines at the same time.  This does not
seem to be the case as I've tested while logged out of on Continuum, and
even after restarting Continuum.

To complicate the issue, I've tried to create another user to test with,
but I'm not getting any validation emails, even when forcing a resend of
the validation.  I do get build status emails, so I know that my smtp
settings are correct.  I understand that you can turn off validation
enforcement, but this is not preferred.

Have been focusing on integrating our Maven2 build at this point, so I
haven't spent too much time on these issues.

Too bad there is no message to convey why the login failed.  Nothing in
the log files either.

Regards,
Justin