continuum-users mailing list archives

From <Bhramara.Chickamunisw...@iflexsolutions.com>
Subject RE: For multi modules project, load only root as recursive build not behaving as expected:
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 08:51:58 GMT
Hi,

The pom hierarchy is fine, because the reactor build works as expected
properly without any issues, when I build the same in the IDE I use.
Build is actually not an issue here. Its just multiple working folders
are created and an unnecessary multiple check out of projects is
resulting.

Regards,
Bhramara
Extn: 6279

-----Original Message-----
From: Hemant Malik [mailto:hemant.malik@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 2:04 PM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: For multi modules project, load only root as recursive
build not behaving as expected:

Hi,
The same option is working fine for me. I did exactly the same as you
did.
Could there be anything else that could affect? Maven pom hierarchy or
something?

Regards,
Hemant Malik

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 1:44 PM,
<Bhramara.Chickamuniswamy@iflexsolutions.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Continuum version : 1.1
>

> I have a maven2 project structure as below:
>

> PARENT_PROJECT:
>
>            PROJECTA
>
>                        PROJECTA_CHILD1
>
>                        PROJECTA_CHILD2
>
> PROJECTB
>
>                        PROJECTB_CHILD1
>
>                        PROJECTB_CHILD2
>
>            Etc.. 15 projects inside PARENT_PROJECT and 2 of one
> CHILDPROJECTS in each of the 15. (Total 39 projects)
>

> I tried to add the project to continuum for build, checking the For
> multi modules project, load only root as recursive build check box.
>

> However, 39 working folders got created. As opposed to

http://maven.apache.org/continuum/faqs.html#build-entire-project-recursi

vely-from-parent<http://maven.apache.org/continuum/faqs.html#build-entir
e-project-recursively-from-parent>where it says

> "These options ensure that your child projects will not be checked out
> into separate numbered working directories. Instead, they will be
> checked out correctly under a single working directory."
>

> Please let me know if anything else needs to be done to ensure
checking
> out of the parent project with the child project tree in a single
> working folder.
>

> Regards,
>
> Bhramara
>
> Extn: 6279
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
> intended only for an individual named. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy
or
> deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
if you
> have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
> system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free
arrive late
> or incomplete or contain viruses. The sender, therefore,  does not
accept
> liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message
which
> arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required,
> please request a hard-copy version.

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for an
individual named. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute,
store, print, copy or deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. The sender, therefore,