continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Roos" <Robin.R...@Investec.co.uk>
Subject Scheduled builds
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:13:29 GMT
This time I changed a .java file (added a blank line), and committed the
change to the 9.2.1 branch.  Never-the-less, Continuum did not build any
of the three projects when the clock crossed the hour.

In the logs I see the following message three times (for each of the
three projects):

20209359 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
The project was not built because no changes were detected in sources
since the last build.

Within the "calypso" project group I have three sub-projects, each also
called "calypso" but with different version numbers.  Am I perhaps
tripping up here because my projects share the same name?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Roos
Sent: 13 March 2008 17:12
To: 'users@continuum.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Subversion Repository Philosophy

I changed a file and keenly waited 10 minutes for 16:00:00 GMT to roll
around and then...nothing happenned.

Well, not quite nothing.  At precisely the hour, Continuum quickly
checked all three projects (trunk, 9.2.0 and 9.2.1) and determined that
no SOURCES had changed.  I had changed a file which forms part of the
assembly but does not go into the project artifact and is not,
therefore, a "SOURCE".

What files constitute a "SOURCE" - just .java?  Anything in
src/main/java?  Or src/main/resources?

Does the "Always Build" flag of the build definition have an impact
here?  If I set it true will it build every hour even if nothing has
changed, or will it build every hour is something has changed even is
that something is not a "SOURCE" ?

Thanks again, Robin.