continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Roos" <Robin.R...@Investec.co.uk>
Subject RE: Build Definition Arguments
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:06:28 GMT
It might help if I point out WHY I wish to do this.

My POM has its version defined as:

<version>9.2.0-build-${continuum.project.nextBuild.number}</version>

The mvn assembly:assembly invocation will only work if a value is
specified for this property.  When evecuting mvn from outside Continuum
I must provide a dummy value.  (The assumed value of "null" is
sufficient to build the artifact but causes assembly to fail).

My intention is to define the version thus:

 <version>9.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

So that the POM can be built from outside Continuum, but then have
continuum pass
-Dproject.version=9.2.0-build-${continuum.project.nextBuild.number} when
it invokes mvn.

Any offers?

Thanks, Robin.