continuum-users mailing list archives

From "MATHUS Baptiste" <mathu...@mipih.fr>
Subject deploy without install
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:21:01 GMT
Hi all,

I hesitated on posting on mvn user list. As it more related to
continuous integration, I'll post it here.

I noticed the .m2/repository directory of the maven binaries used by the
continuum server is also receiving the artifacts that are deployed.
>From my understanding, this is because a mvn clean deploy will also do
an install.

The thing is: in this case, that is a quite big artifact (35MB war) in
SNAPSHOT version. And no project depends on it, so installing it on the
server is completely wasteful.
When deployed into archiva, I can configure the purge of the old
snapshots. But I guess it's not possible with maven?

So I'd like to be able to prevent mvn deploy from including a mvn
install? Is this possible at all?

Cheers.