continuum-users mailing list archives

From Tonte Pouncil <etno...@yahoo.com>
Subject Continuum Mail Notifier Issue
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 03:58:52 GMT
Hi,

I am running into a problem with the mail notifiers in Continuum.  I am getting a "java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset" error message.  Why am I getting this error?  I read this article on Continuum
(http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/05/30/continuous-integration-with-continuum.html)
and in the section for "Configuring the Mail Server" it states, "You may need to configure
the mail server for Continuum if you are not sending mail directly using a service on the
server."  What does it mean to send mail directly using a service on the server?  Does it
mean you are using a external application like "Outlook" to send mail?  In the quote above,
when they say server are they talking about the Continuum server or the physical box?

In my case I am not using any external email application like "OutLook", so do I need to configure
my apps/continuum/conf/application.xml file with the following as described in the article:

<component>
  <role>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSender</role>
  <implementation>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.JavamailMailSender</implementation>
  <configuration>
    <smtp-host>localhost</smtp-host>
    <smtp-port>25</smtp-port>
    <sslProvider>com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider</sslProvider>
    <username>mylogin</username>
    <password>mypassword</password>
    <sslMode>true</sslMode>
  </configuration>