continuum-users mailing list archives

From Tonte Pouncil <>
Subject Continuum Mail Notifier Issue
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 03:58:52 GMT

I am running into a problem with the mail notifiers in Continuum.  I am getting a "
Connection reset" error message.  Why am I getting this error?  I read this article on Continuum
and in the section for "Configuring the Mail Server" it states, "You may need to configure
the mail server for Continuum if you are not sending mail directly using a service on the
server."  What does it mean to send mail directly using a service on the server?  Does it
mean you are using a external application like "Outlook" to send mail?  In the quote above,
when they say server are they talking about the Continuum server or the physical box?

In my case I am not using any external email application like "OutLook", so do I need to configure
my apps/continuum/conf/application.xml file with the following as described in the article:

Thanks for all the support!