continuum-users mailing list archives

From antipattern37 <antipatter...@yahoo.com>
Subject SCM local file system provider and working directories
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2008 15:47:28 GMT
Hello all

I'm trying to set up Continuum for our Maven2 projects.
We employ ClearCase with dynamic views for our SCM needs.

>From "http://maven.apache.org/scm/clearcase.html" I've learned that I have to configure
Continuum to use the "SCM local file system provider" in conjunction with ClearCase dynamic
views.
This tells Continuum to treat our source repository as a simple, non-versioned file system.
So far so good.

However when I'm starting a build, Continuum first copies all the sources from repository
to the continuum "Working Directory".
I know Continuum is actually built to support SCMs like CVS or Subversion where checking out
the projects to the working directory prior to building is a must.

But as the copy process takes quite some time (our repository is huge!) and isn't really necessary
in our situation I've come up with the following question:

Is it possible to configure Continuum in a way so it doesn't copy all the files from the file
system to the working directory (but operates directly on the source file system)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Be a better friend, newshound, and