continuum-users mailing list archives

From Adam Shepherd <...@exel.co.uk>
Subject xmlrpc issue
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:38:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm in the process of using the xmlrpc client to start a build whenever a check-in occurs.
Initially i'm just trying to determine which project is checked in by passing the check in
location and then getting the project id. My issue is that when i try to use getProjects (or
buildGroup) i get this exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method getProjects
in class org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.server.ContinuumServiceImpl: null
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:184)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:145)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:94)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:39)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:53)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:166)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:136)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:125)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.util.ClientFactory$1.invoke(ClientFactory.java:104)
        at $Proxy0.getProjects(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.client.ContinuumXmlRpcClient.getProjects(ContinuumXmlRpcClient.java:112)
        at uk.co.exel.continuumXMLRPC.main(continuumXMLRPC.java:68)

My code is here:

client = new ContinuumXmlRpcClient( new URL( args[0] ), args[1], args[2] );

int projectGroupId = 2;

ProjectSummary ps;

System.out.println( "Projects list." );
System.out.println( "=====================" );
List projects = client.getProjects( projectGroupId );
for ( Iterator i = projects.iterator(); i.hasNext(); )
{
        ps = (ProjectSummary) i.next();
      printProjectSummary( ps );
      System.out.println();
}

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be great.

Thanks

Adam

use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions are solely
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exel Computer Systems plc. If you
have received this email in error please notify Customer Services on +44 (0) 115 946 0101.
Exel Computer Systems plc is a public limited company, registered in England and Wales, registered
number 01873499, registered office Bothe Hall, Sawley, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 3XL, VAT
No. 416188548.

service is powered by MessageLabs. http://www.star.net.uk