continuum-users mailing list archives

From Tonté <pounc...@att.net>
Subject RE: Continuum Mail Notifier Issue
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 05:11:36 GMT
Ok, thanks I that clears up a bunch of question I had.  I have not been able
to confirm the email notification because Continuum keep saying it’s the
"Same state, not sending message", even though I have made changes to my
source code and committed it to my subversion repo.  How do I get Continuum
to pick up the changes I commit to my Subversion repo?  Granted, I only made
one small change (I added one method and save and committed it).

Thanks!

Tonté

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 12:05 AM
To: users@continuum.apache.org
Subject: Re: Continuum Mail Notifier Issue

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Tonte Pouncil <etnot96@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I am running into a problem with the mail notifiers in Continuum.  I am
getting a
> "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" error message.  Why am I
getting this error?

Sounds like it can't connect to the mail server.  From your other
messages I'm going to assume this is on Windows and you're using the
.war file in Tomcat.  (It may seem redundant, but it helps to give
that information for each new question you post.)

If it's Windows, chances are, you're not running something like
sendmail, so you'll need to configure Continuum to use whatever smtp
server you normally use to send email.

The configuration you posted from that very old article may not be
exactly what Continuum 1.1 wants, but that's the right idea.  Replace
localhost with your mail server, such as "smtp.myisp.com".

--
Wendy