continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2.0 POM Project
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:53:59 GMT
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Brad Smith
<brad.smith@sonicdrivein.com> wrote:

>  I know this is extreme newbie, but I am very confused about how to get a
>  maven 2.0 project into the build server.  Continuum wants the URL of a
>  POM.xml file - is this the actual project POM, or is it a POM I
>  construct just to create the project in the server?

It is the path to the pom of the actual project you are trying to add,
which must contain the scm url so that Continuum can check out the
code.

> If it is the
>  project POM, I feel very uncomfortable putting all of the SCM
>  information in the project file itself.  What happens when the project
>  moves to a tag or branch?  Does that mean that the POM (and every module
>  POM) has to change to indicate that it is on a branch or tag?

Yes, but the release plugin takes care of updating it to match the tag
when you release.  I believe one of the plugins has support for
branching also.  And you only need to put it in the top-level pom as
long as the directory names match the artifact ids.

--
Wendy