continuum-users mailing list archives

From KURT TOMETICH <boomtow...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Windows path length limitation
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:15:10 GMT

I agree its a limitation of the file system; however, if Continuum would feed Subversion an
absolute path (when running svn commands) as opposed to a relative path then their would not
be a 256 character limit.  I tried this and it does work when I send Subversion an absolute
path and it fails when I send it a relative path.  I found an article about it online here:
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-02/1088.shtml.  This shouldn't be a hard change to make
and would allow Windows users to not have to worry about running into this problem.

Kurt