continuum-users mailing list archives

From KURT TOMETICH <boomtow...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Windows path length limitation
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:33:15 GMT

Thanks for the quick response.  That was my fall-back option, but I wasn't sure if there was
just an easy way to configure it to use an absolute path.   Shortening the root path length
should help, but its still possible to reach the limit.

Kurt

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:19:23 +0100
> From: olamy@apache.org
> To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Windows path length limitation
>
> Try to configure Build Output Directory and Working Directory to
> c:\\bd and c:\\wd
> Go to the configuration entry of the administration menu [1]
> --
> Olivier
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/continuum/docs/1.1/administrator_guides/configuration.html
>
> 2008/2/19, KURT TOMETICH <boomtown15@msn.com>:
> >
> > Is there a way to configure Continuum to checkout project from Subversion using
an absolute path instead of a relative path?  This would solve the path limitation issue on
Windows.  I ran into the problem where the path was too long and was able to verify that if
I checked out the project using an absolute path it worked fine.  Is this something I can
configure on and end user system or does the project have to be recompiled to make this change?