continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Brad Smith" <brad.sm...@sonicdrivein.com>
Subject Maven 2.0 POM Project
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:11:46 GMT
I have tried to find info on the site for this, but most of the
documentation links just say "to write."

I know this is extreme newbie, but I am very confused about how to get a
maven 2.0 project into the build server.  Continuum wants the URL of a
POM.xml file - is this the actual project POM, or is it a POM I
construct just to create the project in the server?  If it is the
project POM, I feel very uncomfortable putting all of the SCM
information in the project file itself.  What happens when the project
moves to a tag or branch?  Does that mean that the POM (and every module
POM) has to change to indicate that it is on a branch or tag?

I tried to create some build configurations for some common projects
(richfaces, and some internal projects that have used maven for a while)
and none of them had all the SCM info continuum wanted.

Is there any way to create a maven project just using an SVN url, rather
than having to go through all the POM files?

I almost considering creating ant or shell build scripts that call mvn
so I can use the url-based build instead.

Brad