continuum-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Circular project reference
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:50:40 GMT
Patrick Shea wrote:
> I just came across an interesting issue. I have a master pom with 40 or so sub projects
depending on it, the pom itself was using a plugin which in turn depended on it. So these
two were constantly rebuilding them self because of a dependency change detection.

> Since this was the master pom the entire project groups (40+ projects) were building
all the time.

> Is there a way for continuum to detect circular references?
>
> Patrick

We have a similar condition with the Maven plugins. The all have the
same parent which uses several reporting plugins...

We have solved this by adding a "reporting" profile. The circular
references are put into the profile. They are only ever called if you
specify 'mvn -Preporting ...' on the command line.

--
Dennis Lundberg