continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Tony.Cesc" <>
Subject Unable adding continuum in startup service [SOLARIS]
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 06:07:22 GMT

Hi All,

I have a problem when trying to auto start Continuum when my Solaris reboot.
I do exactly as the guide in Continuum website:
But, it still doesn't effect. I don't know why. I did create the script as
root access and have another user account to run Continuum as the guide. My
Continuum is stand alone.

I don't know the meaning of character $@ in the script [su - continuum_user
-c "$CONTINUUM_HOME/bin/solaris-x86-32/ $@" ]. But when I do manually
it is fail, so I change to [su - continuum_user -c
"$CONTINUUM_HOME/bin/solaris-x86-32/ start"] . It run on manually but
not automatically.

Thank you very much,

PS: This is the guide I followed:

Since the Continuum linux script bin/linux/ understands the same
arguments as linux boot scripts, there is no need to write a particular
startup script to add Continuum to the linux boot process. All you need to
do, as root, is:
Basic script in /etc/init.d

    * Create a 'continuum' file under /etc/init.d/ with the following

      su - continuum_user -c "$CONTINUUM_HOME/bin/solaris-x86-32/ $@"
Sent from the Continuum - Users mailing list archive at

View raw message