continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: Recursive maven projects
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:59:32 GMT
Actually, this isn't a bad idea - looking at modules and including all
things that aren't in the module spec.  At least in theory.  Where it
breaks down is that modules can be of the form:

<modules>
   <module>../sibling-child-project</module>
</modules>

Though you could just construct the relevant canonical path and
determine if the canonical path is still under the current project,
and if so - exclude it.

As to how, if your scm doesn't support an exclusion, then you'd have
to find all children, do an SCM -N on the parent, then iterate through
all non-excluded children and do an update on those.  The problem
isn't (likely) one of unfeasibility, it's one of making it relatively
clean.  If it's too messy, then it can be a bear for the user to
configure.

Christian.